If you are storing diesel you should be taking precautions to avoid the effects of microbial fuel contamination.
For technical advice on tank cleaning, speak to OTS TankCare
With OTS TankCare, we have assembled the expertise and resources needed to ensure trouble-free operation of your industrial fuel oil storage and tank cleaning services.
Our tank cleaning service starts with a fixed price visit to inspect your tank installation and obtain samples. The OTS TankCare service engineer will be able to provide an immediate assessment which will be backed up by a more detailed survey report including an analysis of the samples. From this information, we can discuss appropriate treatment, such as deep cleaning, with service plans and prices.
For long-term support, we can provide ongoing planned and preventative tank maintenance and monitoring that is critical to ensuring optimum tank and product conditions are maintained.
Our Tank Cleaning Services:
- Initial site survey including tank and fuel sampling
- Product sampling from multiple sectors of tank floor
- Analysis and assessment of samples
- Recommendations for appropriate service or range of treatments
- Reporting with photographic evidence
- De-watering of tanks – both free water & suspended water
- On-site testing of fuel contamination
- Removal and safe disposal of waste contaminants and water
- Multi-stage fuel filtration / re-conditioning utilising equipment tested to SAE J1488 2010_10 for removal of emulsified water as noted in BS5410 Part 3 2016
- Fitting of fuel conditioning equipment to tank pipework
- Suction Line Pressure Clean with line flush treatments
- Full tank clean
- Checking & replacement of cork seals/ gaskets that are not compatible with Biodiesel
- Full certification and reporting
- Follow-up programme of planned preventative monitoring, treatments and reporting
Our Tank Care Service
Our aim is to provide a range of tank services that are cost effective, reliable, successful and proven to remedy poor tank condition and fuel degradation. Once tank and fuel condition have been optimised, we can then provide ongoing planned and preventative services to maintain that condition at an acceptable level cost and to undertake monitoring, reporting on the condition at appropriate intervals.
The initial tank and site survey provides the basis for recommending appropriate levels of service relative to individual tank and fuel condition. This will ensure that the right course of treatments are provided for individual tank and fuel conditions, minimising unnecessary expenditure but targeting and prioritising the expenditure where it is most required.
Clearly, it would be cost effective to carry out as much work as possible on tanks and fuel during a single site visit. OTS TankCare vans are fully equipped to undertake most of the services outlined above. Diesel tank cleaning and tank retrofitting will be carried out in accordance with an agreed service plan.
For a customer with a large network of sites, it might be worth considering undertaking the initial site survey and fuel sampling across the whole network of sites, to provide an overall assessment of the complete tank farm asset. With this information, it will be easier to provide recommendations and proposals for an operational plan that will best target the right treatments and provide the most cost-effective schedule. The OTS TankCare service plan can be by region or perhaps by prioritising those sites that are in the worst condition.
We can provide planned scheduled work for individual sites or for large networks of sites as well as emergency call out response for more urgent situations.
Please feel free to contact your nearest OTS TankCare team on 0800 169 2909 to discuss your requirements in greater detail.